Friday, May 13, 2011

BLOG 20 REFLECTION ON FOOD UNIT

   I really enjoyed food unite. I have learned many helpful information from this unit. I can say Meatrix was the most enjoyable part of the unit. Especially Super Size Me was very enlightened.

    There are a lot of similarities between previous topics Truman Show, Allegory of The Cave, Matrix and food unite. Both Media unit, and food unit about learning unknown of the world. For example, in Matrix, Leo try to find truth by getting red pill, and being together with some other people who show him to the real world. Its is same in Meatrix too. Leo, in Meatrix is getting red pill as well, and try to find reality by visiting modern world factories. However, there is an escape to the reality in Truman show and Allegory of the Cave. In food unit, writer try to show us that what we eat is fake; it is not real, and he says that we have to find the truth, and we have to eat heather.
    I strongly believe that they used Matrix in Meatrix because, it is very simple way to show what is the different between family farms, and modern farms for people. As Leo did in Matrix, Leo in Meatrix runs away from family farm, and see modern farms in real world. Because, maker of Meatrix wants us to see the reality of modern farms. What they produce there in modern farms is not healthy, and all products have chemical in. They claim that it is better to visit farmer markets and buy organic foods.

    I can say Cat 3 was much better than other Cat 1 and Cat 2 for me. Because, I felt much ready by the time I got Cat 3. Especially, food unit was very interesting for me. I have learned many new things, and most of the them were casual subjects. Therefore. It made me focus better on my essay .

    As a result, I have learned many new subjects in this part, and I improve my writing by learning new things. However, similarities between unit was helpful as well. It was more easy for me to find an example while I write an essay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment