Monday, April 25, 2011

Blog 14: Reflection on Media Unit

   As a foreign student in this class, I found Media Unite difficult but very enjoyable. We have done many beneficial practice in this section. We have watched Matrix and Truman show, and read about Allegory of the cave which was very interesting topic for me. We have had two practice test which was not very easy. Moreover  we have improved our writing skills and learned how to respond better with strong evidence .

  First of all, I would like to say movies that we have watched in this section was very useful for us. I strongly believe, discussions about those movies after we watched them, made us think deeper and helped improve my summarizing. Thus these discussions effect me in positive way, and I wrote much better than I did. However Allegory of the Cave was very interesting topic for me. At first it didn't make sense anything for me, but after we started to talk about it, it became very interesting . Maybe I can say similarity of main idea of movies, and reading passage might effect on me in positive way.

   Second of all, we kept studying on analyzing, claim, respond, evidence, and of course summarizing.I believe that, keep studying on those things improved my writing skill a lot.Even though I still have some spelling or grammer mistakes while I write, I feel that I can do better now. I thing finding example and evidence is most difficult part for me while I write an essay.

    However we had two practice test which was not very easy. First practice test result showed me how I was good on writing an essay. On the other hand I have learned how I have to use time while I write an essay. I don't think that i did very good on the second practice test, because that day I still had some problem with time. But if we had another practice test I strongly believe that I could do better.

     As a result, I totally believe that, Media unite have improved my writing skill a lot. Honestly, this class has been helpful a lot for me. I remember my first essay that i wrote when i started this class, and now I can see how I can write better than I did.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the thorough and insightful reflection! If it helps any, your grammar is not affecting me as a reader at all--I understand everything you are saying...

    ReplyDelete